Monday, March 18, 2013

Misc Monday: Spring Cleaning

Miscellaneous thought for this week...

Spring is in the air! I LOVE waking up to the songs chirping birds! My fruit trees are loaded with early-season blossoms, daffodills & dandelions abound, the honking geese are happily flying northward! It's time to shake off the winter doldrums & enjoy the outdoors! We have grand plans for the upcoming Spring & Summer months & I can barely stand the wait.  If you've ever met me, you know that patience is NOT my best quality.  So, it's time for SPRING CLEANING!

My favorite part of spring cleaning is, of course, the finished product! My goal for spring cleaning this year is to cut down on the clutter (must make room for incoming thrifted treasures).  I've read several articles, from various sources, about HOW to do this.  One suggested filling a bag a day for 40 (I think 40 was the number) days.  Another offered the idea that if you're bring something new in, the same amount of things should go out.  (My friend's sister ACTUALLY does this ~ I admire her, but I canNOT pull this one off!) I've read that it's a good idea to purge duplicate items - OK, this IS a good idea! These are all good ideas.  We just need to find the ideas that work for ourselves!

My love for thrift store shopping & finding a great deal on any item is the catalyst I need for actually decluttering my home! I will start TODAY, and keep track of my progress here.  Here's my plan:

     *DAILY - I will add to the "DONATE" or "SELL" boxes I've created for the purging process.  I recently joined a local yard sale group on Facebook, and will try to get a few dollars out of some of my treasures.  I will donate other items to thrift stores. 

     *WEEKLY - I will report my progress here...Maybe I'll post pics of my outgoing items, just to see how much EXTRA stuff I had lying around. 

Well, my clutter is calling!  Happy Thrifting!


No comments:

Post a Comment