Friday, March 22, 2013

Funny Friday: I Bought My Mom's Shirt!

It's not Funny Friday - I have a splitting sinus headache & we neglected to post on Wednesday & Thursday, so I'm feeling like a flake! (It's not like we have a HUGE readership, but it's not a good way to start a new project!)

We've been keeping busy preparing for Justin's Big 5 Pirate Party...Amanda had done most of the work, which I guess is ok, since it's HER kid, LOL. 

I managed to go on a mini-thrifting trip on Tuesday (1/2 off day at one of our favorites).  I scored a couple sturdy baskets, a novel, and an adorable onesie for my first grandbaby, who should arrive in about 6 weeks -- all for $7.

OK, in the spirit of Funny Friday, I'll share a story Amanda teases me about, periodically...

Our mom, who also loved a good thrift store or yard sale, worked at a museum that had a thrift store in one of the outbuildings.  The store wasn't "manned" every day, but if you mentioned that you wanted to look around they would let you in (OR give you the key, lol).  One day, I bought this shirt, joked around that it was a "mom shirt" because our mom "would totally wear this shirt" -- well, I needed a new shirt, the price was right, so I bought it.  The funny part? It WAS Mom's shirt! She had recently donated it to the thrift store. YIKES.  You know you're turning into your mother when you buy HER clothes!! 

OK, I'm going to go get a bag of clothes ready for donation!

Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment