Monday, March 25, 2013

Funny Friday: Why Did I Buy That...Again!?

*edited because pulished EARLY...* Well, funny thing about this is that I went into my drafts to make sure this post was ready for publishing in the morning...ya know, on FRIDAY.  I realized that I accidentally published it early...oh well.  I guess it's all part of the learning curve.........

Looking back over my many years of thrifting, I've mostly paid attention to the good deals & the thrill of the kill finding that good deal.  Most of the "funny" has been due to our (my) own lack of situational awareness!

The next somewhat (to us, anyway) humorous tale also stems from my lack of awareness.  A couple years ago, I gathered a few boxes of treasures that I no longer felt I couldn't live without & donated them to the Hospice thrift store.  I was a bit proud of myself for actually delivering said boxes, because I tend to box up the stuff & then work around it for a few weeks. 

Sooo, in preparation for a road trip to my sister's, when she still lived a 5-1/2 hour drive away, I thought I would find one or two books on tape to keep me company.  (there are a couple radio dead zones along the way)  I don't remember the title of the book, but it sounded interesting.  I believe it was a biography (or autobiography...) about a retired military officer & his life, before, during & after the military service...or something along those lines.  Anyway, it piqued my interest, so I bought it.

Fast forward to the road trip...I hit the road & after topping of the gas tank & my snack supply, I popped in the first tape.  Hmm, I thought it sounded a little familiar, but I kept listening.  I listened into the 3rd or 4th chapter, when it happened.  I BOUGHT THAT BOOK ON TAPE for a previous drive to my sister's...and I couldn't get past the 3rd or 4th chapter THAT time, either! Chances are high that I had actually bought the one I donated! HAHA. Joke's on me.


There's a two-part moral to this story.  1) If you're going to donate something, be certain that you are actually ready to part with it.  2) Don't buy something you've donated.

No comments:

Post a Comment