Friday, April 5, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Regular Sale Days & Discount Programs ~ Added THRIFTY Savings!

     I'll start out by saying I had a GREAT day yesterday! I went shopping (real stores, RETAIL shopping!?, about an hour from home) and STILL found some great deals - it's all about the savings! I used the 15% off entire purchase coupon at Joann's, which luckily included sale & clearance items this time - and almost everything I bought WAS on sale or clearance :)  We did manage to stop at a thrift store - I found a light-up night sky constellation "thingee" for my 5 year old nephew...He loves it!  While we were out & about, we also noticed that a NEW thrift store is opening this weekend! We'll have to make sure to check it out next time we're over there.

     My thrifty tip for today is that you should learn the schedule & discount programs of your local thrift stores...

     Two of our stores have 50% off everything (almost everything) in the store on Tuesday. One of these has a 5% (I think) discount when paying with cash.  They also offer 35% off to active duty military or veterans - this is my FAVORITE discount! (No, I'm not a veteran, but Amanda is -- and my son, daughter-in-law, and alot of other people!!)  They have regular sales on specific tag colors...you just have to look at the sign on the way in!  AND, this store offers gift certificates.
     One store has end of the month sales on the last 3 business days of the month.  They also have a "punch card" program.  Every dollar earns a punch on the card.  After $100, you get $10 off your next purchase! There are daily discounts on selected price sticker colors - usually 1/2 off or a set price for a specific color...it's posted on a big sign at the entrance.  (I rarely leave this store without at least a small purchase!)

     Another store has their big regular sale on the first consecutive Wednesday, Thursday, Friday each month.  This store also has "caregiver Wednesday."  If you're a caregiver, you get a discount.  (I'm not a caregiver, so I'm not certain of the specific discount, but I know it exists!) They also print a schedule of the monthly sales, and I grab one on my first visit each month. (I rarely leave this store without a purchase, too!)

     The last local store with regular discount programs offers daily clothing sales, depending on the color of the tag.  They, too, offer a punch card discount...every $10 earns a punch; 10 punches/$100 earns you 10% off your next purchase. 

     Well, these are examples of discounts programs in MY area...Do your local stores have discount programs? Do you plan your thrifting excursions around their sale days & discount programs? (I do!)

     Take care & as always, HAPPY THRIFTING!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment