Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Thrifted Treasure of the Month: March 2013

We actually braved town & a few thrift stores on a Saturday! My son wanted to pick up some job applications and Amanda & I had several other errands to tend to -- PLUS it was a dry, sunny, spring day and there were yard sales to visit!

It was extremely handy having my son (almost 18) along for the ride, because we were able to pop in & out of the stores while he stayed in the car & entertained his little cousins! We found an awesome treasure chest for the Big 5 Pirate Party, complete with skull accents.  On our list of treasures for the outing: the treasure chest, a couple books, a few VHS movies, a couple hats for the kids, a pirate-y themed aquarium decoration, and THE treasure of the day, AND month...A pair of Men's size 13, Foot Joy golf shoes, that sell for $180 new.  I paid...$4.50.  Amanda brought them to my attention because my husband loves golf & they looked brand new, but she could find the size...I hunted 'til I found they were 13s, we talked about the apparent quality (leather, good spikes, etcyou.) and figured they must be expensive...I paid the $4.50 & put the shoes in my gift stash, thinking I'll save them for Father's Day or birthday (both in June). 
     As I was relaxing the next morning, I decided to research those golf shoes on the internet...and discovered their value! THEN, I had to give them to my husband instead of waiting.  He was excited to receive them & he told me how much they cost new -- an even more excited when I told him how much I paid!



     I wonder what wonderful treasures we'll uncover during April's thrifting adventures!

     Happy Thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment