Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Found Something on my "Thrift Store Watch List"

FINALLY!

I've been wanting one of these nifty slotted spoon/ladle thingees: (on the handle it says "scoop & strain"...)



for over a year.  I've found them online at kitcheny stuff stores, but I never wanted to pay several dollars for one + shipping.  I exercised patience, which is no small feat, and found one today!! Good things come to those who wait, etc... I was so excited that almost did a happy dance in the thrift store, but instead, I eagerly searched the store for my shopping mates & announced that we could now go home, as I had found THIS!

We found some other deals, too, but this was my favorite!

I bought a Creative Memories "Memory Locker" kit, which sold for $24 new, if my research gave correct information.  (I was a consultant for a few years, so this price sounds about right)...I paid $2.00 for it today, and it was only missing some photo tape runner, some stickers & some of the die-cut papers.  There was a 5x7 album (yes, Creative Memories) in the box that didn't originally come WITH the kit... Anyway, I got a great deal for my $2 pay-out!

I bought some flat sheets (3 at $1.25 each) so I can make some fitted sheets for those extra long twin beds we talked about earlier...

I found a couple adorable baby items today, as well, including a new-in-package, never opened, 2 pack of pacifier clips, for fifty cents.  I still plan to make some pacifier "leashes" but I couldn't pass up this deal.

Amanda found a few things today, too, but I don't remember specifics.  I think I found all the really good deals today...

I'm going to put away all of my new treasures!

Happy Thrifting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment